Friday, October 18, 2013

Yummy Pasta!


I'm not a fan of cooking... But I'm working on it!!

I didn't feel like cooking dinner, so thought I'd try a simple pasta recipe I had pinned. It is from the PopSugarFood website--here is the link:  http://www.yumsugar.com/Spaghetti-Garlic-Olive-Oil-Chili-Flakes-21398824/

It looked quick and tasty, and I was pretty hungry. I followed the recipe pretty much exactly (although I will admit-I did not measure anything. Just estimated). It was soooo good!

My younger daughter doesn't like spicy food-or pretty much anything with any flavor. (Unless it is sweet. She loves "sweet" flavors!) So first I mixed everything in except the chili flakes and dished some out for her. Then added the chili flakes for my older daughter and I. We all added shredded parmesan. It was surprisingly tasty!! I say "surprisingly" because it was so simple.

My youngest said hers was kind of bland, so she added a little bit of chili flakes. And liked it! I was impressed!

Here is the recipe:
Pasta with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Chili Flakes
Ingredients:
10 ounces angel hair pasta
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon red chili flakes
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions:
1. Cook pasta al dente according to directions on package.
2. Strain pasta and place in serving dish. (I put it back into the pot I cooked it in. No need to get more dishes dirty!!)
3. Add garlic, chili flakes, oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
4. Serve. Add shredded paremesan to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment