Thursday, December 24, 2015

Overnight Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

 I always have some pumpkin left over after making pumpkin pie, muffins, or bread. I hate throwing it away, so I always put it in a container in the fridge with great plans to use it later. Never fails-I find it shoved into the back corner of the fridge months later. Saw this Pumpkin Oatmeal recipe and thought it would be a great way to use up the leftover pumpkin right away. I modified it just a tad...

I threw everything into my crock pot, and when I woke up the next morning-oh.my.god. My whole house smelled sooooo good!!! Tastes super yummy too! I have definitely found a great way to use up leftover pumpkin! :-)

Overnight Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1 cup steel cut oats
2 cups water
2 cups almond milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 dash nutmeg
1 dash ground cloves

Directions:
1. Place the oats, water, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, and spices into crockpot. Mix and set to low for four or more hours.

2. Mix. Add additional milk and/or sweetener, as desired. I like it with a dollop of butter. :-)

This is such a yummy breakfast, that it didn't last for pictures! And I've made it several times...someday I'll add a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment