Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Chili Beans


Chili Beans

I made delicious chili last year from a recipe I found and modified on pinterest. I thought this was it:
Five Bean Vegetarian Chili, so I tried to recreate it...

I thought it turned out quite bland, but my husband loved it. I still thought it was good, but not spicy chili that I wanted.

Ingredients
2 red bell peppers, chopped
2 red onions, diced
4 teaspoons garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable broth
2 cans tomato sauce
10 cups Bob's Red Mill 15 Bean Soup beans, presoaked and cooked
5 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder

Directions:
1.   Add red peppers and onions to a large pot. Saute over medium high heat until onions are translucent. Add garlic and saute another minute until fragrant. Add broth, tomato sauce, and all beans. Bring to a boil.
2.  Add cumin, paprika, salt, and garlic powder. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15-20 minutes longer, stirring throughout. Serve hot with sliced green onions, cheese, sour cream, or other toppings as desired.

*If I make this again, I will add a can or two of tomato paste, a 28 oz can of crushed or diced tomatoes, and some chili powder. Seems strange to me that this chili didn't include chili powder :-/
*this can be a quick dinner if use canned beans-would need about ten cans different beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment